We began today’s meeting with the icebreaker: What is your guiding philosophy/motto in your business/career? LG7 members had mottos such as: “Making a profit and doing good can both be attainable at the same time”, “Do right by your clients first”, and “Create a legendary customer experience.”
Our special presentation today was by Terri Starck of LifePoint Strategies. Terri gave each member a 3-month Strategic Plan, with sections for:
- Mission – How/why you are performing your vision
- Vision – The future of your business/career
- Values – What are your values? How do these create your company culture?
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – How you measure your goals, which should be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-Oriented) goals
Under Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Terri asked members to reflect upon how we are increasing our cash flow every day and what kind of books we are reading to expand our comfort zones.
At the end of Terri’s presentation, she provided five takeaways for us to remember:
- Remember why you do what you do.
- Be able to see and speak your strategic plan.
- Write the steps down to achieve your goals.
- Measure and adjust goals weekly.
- Stay accountable!
To encourage LG7 members to stay accountable, Terri requested for all of us to fill out a postcard with our three-month goal. She will send the postcards to each member in mid-July.
After Terri’s presentation, Patrick Dawson of Liquid Capital of Colorado presented this month’s Marketing Minute. Patrick emphasized to members why we should be involved with other programs at the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce (DMCC), such as Chamber 101 and the Gold Member Alliance Program (GMAP). Networking is very KEY in getting known in the community, and the DMCC provides many opportunities, such as luncheons with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and Gold-level events.
Thank you Terri and Patrick for the insightful presentations!